If you’ve ever visited 30A, you know how much charm and nostalgia our area has. The little towns dotting the highway, sugar white sands, turquoise water and the most gorgeous sunsets make South Walton a perennial favorite. There is so much to see and do, but also an incredible amount of natural beauty to inspire for days in case the only item on your travel agenda is to relax.
Christmas time on 30A is no different. Seaside, Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Watercolor, Grayton Beach and all the other neighborhoods put together the cutest trees and adorable holiday displays. It’s beachy, festive and more than a little Instagram-worthy. Scroll down for a few ideas and activities you can enjoy before 2017 arrives and be sure to check out the giveaway at the bottom!
- Check out the beautiful light display around the Town Center. It’s one of my favorite places to sit and reflect this time of year.
- Pose for a photo by the nutcrackers in front of Town Hall – they’re so cute!
- Walk down Main Street and take in the picture perfect sights and shops.
- Try the Eggnog Flight at The Pearl’s Havana Beach Bar & Grill.
- For the kiddos, consider attending the Gingerbread Tea at The Pearl for a sweet session decorating little gingerbreads.
- Check out all of the weeklong events hosted by the Merchants of Rosemary®.
- Try the Holiday Champagne Tasting at Neat bottle shop December 28.
- Drive along the palm-tree lined path and enjoy a coffee or hot chocolate at Fonville Press.
- Grab a festive sprinkle donut at Charlie’s Donut Truck.
- Take the kids to a screening of The Santa Clause in the Alys Beach Amphitheater December 29.
- Let the kids run around the grass and play in the Seaside Amphitheater while you sip a coffee or glass of wine. (Modica Market’s giant mimosas are a winner!)
- Ring in the new year with Countdown Seaside on New Year’s Eve.
- Brave the Polar Bear Plunge on New Year’s Day behind Watercolor Inn.
- Wander Cerulean Park and take in the beauty of the Christmas tree perched in the center.
- Enjoy ice skating at the seasonal rink in the Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- Check out the Festival of Trees at Grand Boulevard’s Grand Park.