It’s New Year’s Eve and I can’t think of a better time to test out a fun recipe involving my favorite pink beverage: rosé. Get ready to have your mind blown and your party started with rosé champagne jello shots. I first saw this in one of those Tasty videos on Facebook. (You know you’ve seen them.) My hubby has been feeling less than 100% so we opted for a chill night in with dinner, drinks, football and our own tiny little party. I made these today and they were so easy to put together. Though I admit I had one flub. I was in Seaside at Modica Market and grabbed an orange cream soda instead of a regular cream soda (oops!), so I only ended up putting in half so it wasn’t overwhelmingly orange. This made my batch a little stronger, but hey, it’s New Year’s Eve, so I went with it.
Champagne jello shots are the perfect addition to a party or a fun way to spice up a get-together. This is like the cooler, upscale edition of the ol’ college version. Make them ahead or even double the recipe for a larger group. I used a glass dish to chill these, but they would also be great in silicone ice cube trays or little shape molds.
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 4 Packets of Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 Bottle of Cream Soda
- 1 Bottle of Rosé Champagne (or regular Champagne)
- Sugar Sprinkles of Your Choice
- Heat water and pour into 9×13 pan.
- Pour gelatin from packets and mix well.
- Let cool slightly then add cream soda and champagne.
- Mix well to be sure no clumps of gelatin are left over.
- Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours until firm.
- Use a thin knife to carefully cut out squares or rectangles and place on your favorite serving dish. The Jell-O is still a bit wiggly so take this step slowly.
- Garnish with pretty sprinkles of your choice. (Since rosé is dry, you may want to add extra sprinkles to sweeten the taste.)
- Share and enjoy.